Timothy E. Hoerman
Of Counsel to Grzymala Law Offices, P.C.
Attorney Timothy Hoerman has over 18 years of experience representing general contractors, trucking companies, equipment leasing companies, crane leasing companies, material suppliers, steel erectors, construction managers, subcontractors, construction safety consultants, property owners and developers, property managers, property owners, and telecommunications companies. Mr. Hoerman has represented clients in many catastrophic, multiple party cases involving fatalities, serious injuries, substantial property damage, and construction defects and is regularly called upon to perform rapid response emergency investigations throughout the country involving such things as construction site accidents, crane accidents, bridge collapses, building collapses, and railroad accidents and derailments. Mr. Hoerman also consults with clients on OSHA compliance issues and represents clients in OSHA investigations and OSHA citation litigation.
Mr. Hoerman has handled claims before state and federal courts both at the trial and appellate levels, as well as and administrative tribunals, and in alternative dispute resolution proceedings (arbitration and mediation) under private and government contracts.
Mr. Hoerman is licensed to practice in the State of Illinois since 1998 and the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois since 2001.
He is active in local bar associations and is a member of the Chicago Bar Association.
Mr. Hoerman graduated from Southern Illinois University Law School in 1998 where he earned his Juris Doctor. Prior to that he received a B.A. in Political Science from Loyola University in Chicago in 1987.
Mr. Hoerman served as a law clerk for the Honorable John W. Rapp, Jr. for the Illinois Appellate Court from 1999-2000.
Practice Area Emphasis
- Catastrophic Personal Injury and Property Damage Litigation (Arising Out of Construction Site Accidents, Crane Accidents, and Railroad Accidents and Derailments)
- Rapid Response Emergency Investigations
- OSHA Compliance, OSHA Investigations, and OSHA Litigation
- Company Wide and Job Site Specific Construction Safety Programs
- Construction Site Accident Investigations, Including Crane Accidents
- Railroad Accident and Derailment Investigations
- Construction Defect Claims
- Construction Contract Counseling and Program Management
- Commercial and Contract Claims and Litigation
- Mechanic’s Lien and Bond Claims
- General litigation